2017 Camp Dates
|Sunday, June 25 – Friday, June 30||13-14 years old|
|Sunday, July 2 – Friday, July 7||11-12 years old|
|Sunday, July 9 – Friday, July 14||11-12 years old|
|Sunday, July 16 – Friday, July 21||15-16 years old|
|Sunday, July 23 – Friday, July 28||7-8 years old|
|Sunday, July 30 – Friday, August 4||9-10 years old|
|Sunday, August 6 – Friday, August 11||9-10 years old|
How to Apply
- Apply online (preferred method)
- Download a paper copy of the application:
In order for a child to be eligible for Camp Rainbow:
- Must be between the ages of 7 and 16
- Resident of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- Must be from a socially or economically challenging situation or there must be a condition that warrants consideration for the benefits of camp
Camp Rainbow elicits campers through recommendations from guidance counselors, administrators, and agency leaders of Montgomery County public and private schools. Identified children are qualified to attend regardless of their race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or religion.
Full Value Contract
Safety – Keep ourselves and each other physically and emotionally safe.
Valuing Behaviors – Act and speak in a way that puts people up, not down.
Honest Feedback – Give specific, thoughtful, honest feedback.
Let It Go! – Know when to let something go and move on.
Challenge By Choice – Each person must take responsibility for their own actions; it is their choice to participate.
Equipment List for Campers – Click to download PDF
PLEASE LABEL OR MARK ALL ITEMS AS CHILDREN NEVER RECOGNIZE DIRTY CLOTHES
List of recommended equipment that your son or daughter should bring to camp (please useyour own judgment when determining what to send to camp with your child):
- Sleeping bag or a twin sheet set and blanket (Beds and mattresses supplied)
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Light jacket or sweatshirt
- 6 T-Shirts (no inappropriate sayings on the shirts)
- 5 short pants
- 2 pair of long pants
- 6 sets of undergarments
- 6 pair of socks
- 2 bath towels (One for pool and one for showers)
- Swim Suit (no cut-offs)
- 2 Sneakers (1 Pair of sneakers that can get wet and dirty)
- Toothpaste and brush
- Bug repellent
DO NOT BRING TO CAMP the following items:
Cell Phones, Radios, electronic games, valuables, extra food and snacks, knives, weapons of any kind, drugs (all prescription or OTC medications will be turned into Camp Rainbow) or alcohol. There is no place to spend money in camp so we recommend you do not send money with your child.